Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The Key to Win an NBA Title: Teamwork and Persistence

Being a Texan you would expect me to go for a Texas-based NBA team to win the Finals. And although I support Texas teams, I instead was rooting for the Miami Heats.

If you have not yet closed out from this post or leave a harsh comment by now then I am surprised.

Many of my friends gave me a hard time for supporting the Heats and I do not blame them. Either way I am satisfied that the Dallas Mavericks won the title. Dirk Norwitzki, Jason Kidd and Jason Terry brought the team together and proved that to win the game you don't need the best athletes, rather, good teamwork, sportsmanship, unstoppable drive and harwork in achieving an NBA title.

It is unfortunate that Lebron James "The King" built up much publicity of winnng the 2011 NBA Title and choked when push came to shove.  I do not bash the man for this but I was disappointed in how his mind was not in the game during game five and six. However it is not just all on Lebron, the team as a whole including Wade and Bosch did not push it as much as the Mavericks did.

The Miami Heat are indeed the under-dogs which fuels more reason for why they would want to win the title next season. And with more competition brewing not just from the West but the East (Chicago and Memphis) the team has much to work on, including the "Batman" of the team; Dwyane Wade. He is the backbone and leader of the Heats and is a well-respected player due to his  drive in wanting to win the title.

Rather than perfecting the team's defensive and offensive coordinations, specifically their rebounds, blocks, field goal shots and assists per game, Wade needs to instill persistence and most of all team work among all the players rather than just the big three. I do hope the Heat perfect on these flaws and come back stronger next season.

After looking back at the Mavericks play-by-play in game six, ALL the players were heavily used and involved both offensively and defensively and achieved high turnovers, rebounds and assists.

I admit I was wrong in believing in order to win the NBA finals you need the best athletes (the Big Three), rather you need good teamwork among your peers with strong leadership and drive. These are key characteristics needed to achieve any form of success.

Congratulations to the Dallas Mavericks and especially Dirk Norwitzki, after 13 years of playing the game, you earned it!

No comments:

Post a Comment